- Application for the 2019 Projection of Foreign Knowledge Workers (FKW) Expatriates is now open for submission at the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC).
- Companies who are registered with MDEC can start to apply for their 2019 projection for both new applications and renewal applications.
- The processing time is between 5 – 10 working days.
- Any unutilized projection approved for 2018 will not be carried forward for 2019.
How to Apply?
Applications must be made online at the eXpats MDEC portal with the company’s respective login ID.
What’s the impact?
- Companies who are scheduled to have expatriates and/or short-term assignees in Malaysia in 2019 must have the FKW projection approved and available in the eXpats portal before any Employment Pass (EP) applications (new and renewal) can be submitted.
- If the projection is not applied for in advance, an additional 1 – 2 weeks will be added onto the processing time of the EP application which is about 2 weeks.
For further enquires, feel free to reach out to email@example.com for more information.